31 Dec 2021
The Temple Administration continues to keep devotees’ and volunteers’ safety and well being our top priority.
Please be aware, the Sri Vidya Temple is requiring that all devotees must register to come for darshan of Sri Rajarajeswari. The Temple Administration requires that all eligible individuals (12 years +) will be asked to show proof of full vaccination status upon entering the temple. Eligible individuals who have not been fully vaccinated will have a limited time allowance inside the temple and asked to double mask.
If you are experiencing any symptoms or have been exposed to anyone positive for Covid-19, please refrain from visiting the Temple.
- Indoor capacity is reduced to 50 individuals
- Darshan slots are 20 min – 1 hour, based on volume of visitors
- Social distancing will be implemented, whenever/wherever possible.
- All prasadam will be packed in take out containers
These new restrictions are being done to maintain everyone’s safety during the current concerns due to the Omicron variant. We continue to follow all New York State Covid-19 guidelines. Preventing the spread of Covid-19 requires all of us to work together, and these restrictions will also help in protecting the entire community during this time of increased travel and gatherings.
Please read all our guidelines for Darshan detailed below before your visit to the Temple. Thank you!
Register for Darshan
Please select a time you’d like to visit the Temple to start the registration process. Please read all the guidelines for darshan listed below on the page.
**IMPORTANT** If you wish to visit the Temple from out of state, you must review the NY State travel restrictions for visitors from other states and make sure that you can comply with the travel restrictions: click here to review NYS travel restrictions.
Once you have read the Darshan Guidelines below, you may register to come for darshan. We thank you in advance for your cooperation with these safety guidelines.
PRECAUTIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has advised that certain groups of people may be at higher risk from Coronavirus. This includes: 1) people over 65 years of age, and 2) people with underlying conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, or lung conditions. Please consult with your doctor for guidance on visiting any public places.
Although the Temple is taking all possible safety measures, it is impossible to guarantee that visitors will not be exposed to Coronavirus. Those who visit the Temple are doing so at their own risk, and the Temple cannot be held responsible for any potential exposures.
BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE TEMPLE
- Devotees must register before visiting.
- All eligible individuals (12 years +) will be asked to show proof of full vaccination status upon entering the temple.
- Please make sure to follow our Temple Dress Code when you come, as we are not able to provide shawls, skirts, or veshtis “on loan.”
- Anyone with symptoms of Covid-19 must not enter the Temple. Those with fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath should stay home and consult their doctor. Anyone who has had symptoms of Covid-19 should wait two weeks after the symptoms end, or consult their doctor as to when it is safe to leave the house.
- A very limited number of people will be allowed in the Temple at any given time. This includes volunteers performing necessary tasks.
- Devotees who have registered should wait in their cars until their selected time. All personal belongings should be left in the car.
UPON ENTERING THE TEMPLE
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times while inside the Temple and maintain a distance of six feet from anyone outside their household.
- All visitors must wash their hands as soon as they enter the Temple. This is a requirement.
- Visitors should stay within the areas marked by signs and barriers. The Bookstore/Office will remain closed and the Kitchen is not open to the public.
Visitors may not request sankalpam in person. Devotees should continue to use the online form to request archana or other sankalpam.
UPON LEAVING THE TEMPLE
- Please follow the signs guiding you out of the Temple.
- Packed prasadam will be available in a designated location for pick-up on the way out.